Do your students ever ask you ad nauseam where you were when you are out of school for a day? This is a question I CONSTANTLY get when I return from a sick/personal day.
I decided to give the students a chance to use their imagination to determine where I was. The results were, simply put, hilarious.
A few things I apparently do on my days off:
-I train monkeys
-I practice flying on a broomstick
-I visit my husband Harry Potter
-I run my own sandwich shop in Vermont(personal favorite there)
Now you can find out what your kids think you are up to!
I use this as a sub plan, but you could use it anytime you wanted.
Students are charged with determining what you do with your day off in a variety of ways.
1. Draw an Instagram picture and write a descriptive story to accompany.
2. Draw a Snapchat picture and write a descriptive story to accompany.
3. Create a Facebook picture, timeline, two updates, and write a descriptive story to accompany.
4. Write three tweets and write a descriptive story to accompany.
5. Write a simple descriptive story
6. Write a descriptive story and highlight all the adjectives that were used
7. Write a descriptive story and highlight six different parts of speech that were used
8. Write a descriptive story that incorporate 6 types of figurative language highlight all the different types within the story
I usually leave a variety of these forms for my sub and allow my students to choose which one they will fill out, but it is up to you!