After reading Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, engage students in an interactive game of jeopardy as a culminating activity. Designed as a team game, challenge and excite students as they dive back into the characters and events of this rich tale!
Playing the Game
Prepare to Play
1. Begin on (slide 3) the Jeopardy Game Board.
2. Divide into two teams and choose which order each team member will play. Designate an area on the classroom board to keep score.
3. Give each team a dry erase board and marker to record questions in case of a “grab.”
Play the Game
1. Team 1, use the mouse click to choose a category and dollar amount.
2. Team 1, read the answer in white and ask the question that corresponds. (Team 2 writes the question on a dry erase board and turns it over in case of a “grab.”)
3. Team 1, click on the Reveal button.
4. Correct= your team is awarded the dollar amount shown under the question. The next team plays.
Incorrect=the other team reveals their answer on the dry erase board. If their answer is correct, they “grab” the points and add it to their own score.
5. Team 2, choose a category and dollar amount continuing the game.
More Resources for Where the Mountain Meets the Moon