This comprehensive unit is Common Core Aligned and includes activities for the entire novel, Where the Red Fern Grows. This unit is specifically designed to use with interactive notebooks, but can easily be adapted to regular classroom use. Personally, I like interactive notebooks because all of the work that students complete is compiled in one place, which means less chance for students to lose this material. Then students will have their notes for later studying.
This unit includes:
• A complete lesson plan including instructions for use
• A Power Point Slide Show to use with pre-reading activities, questions, and vocabulary.
• New vocabulary word for each chapter
• A Reader’s Response question for each chapter or set of chapters.
• Weekly quizzes
• Pre and post reading questions and activities
• Culminating Activity
This unit has been developed over years of teaching, and has also been classroom tested!