We have developed this package to assess your students understanding of the story. This package should be used once the students have completed reading this book. This packet can be used as a “Performance Task”
or “Performance Assessment”
as it contains “Essential Questions”
that your students must answer in writing to assess their understanding of the story. Some questions will ask students to apply what they learned in their written responses. Some questions are response to literature questions. If your students type their writing, the packet can be used as a “rough draft” to use prior to their typed response.
This package contains the following components:
1. Ten “Essential Questions” to assess student understanding of the story (summative assessment). These questions are designed for you to “pick and choose” which ones you’d like to use for your students. You can differentiate instruction by assigning one type of question to some students and another type to another subset of students.
2. Graphic Organizers that may aid your students in their brainstorming or planning stages of their writing.
3. CLOZE (fill in the blank) assessment of vocabulary words in the story (Context Clues)
4. A Crossword Puzzle to assess the understanding of the definitions of vocabulary words in the story.
We have used these “Essential Questions” responses on bulletin boards to keep current writing in the classroom.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2014 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺