Based on Maurice Sendak's beloved book, this project has become a class favorite every year I teach it! Student first make their own wild thing using collage, and then write a creative narrative. Taught in conjunction with science lessons on adaptations, student build a knowledge of why animals look, move, and sound the way they do.
This product includes:
- Wild Thing collage directions
- Collage grading sheet
- Story Map graphic organizer
- Beginnings graphic organizer
- Descriptive writing graphic organizer
- Closings graphic organizer
- Revising and Editing guides
- Checklists for each step of the project
** Each sheet has a color and black and white option **
I hope you all enjoy it as much as my classes have!