Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak is a classic which children everywhere enjoy! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities to target literacy, language and listening! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Roll-A-Rhyme Game- Roll a die and pick a card. List rhyming words and place the card on your board.
4. Following Directions- An activity containing directions that may be combined for multi-step understanding.
5. Wild Things Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
6. Where is Max- Cards targeting spatial concepts
7. Reading Extension- A writing and drawing activity in which students describe what they would do as ruler of the Wild Things!
Not only will your students LOVE this classic story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!