Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak is a classic which children everywhere enjoy! This no-prep mini-book unit is filled with five different follow-up activities to target literacy, language and listening! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequence & Retell- Sequence pictures and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Wild Things Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort picture cards by rhyme
5. Written connection- A writing and drawing activity in which students describe what they would do as ruler of the Wild Things!
This unit is so easy to use! All activities are in black and white. Just print and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this classic story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!