"Where'd You Go, Bernadette" by Maria Semple: A Study Guide is ideal for both the individual reader and for reading groups/classes.
This comprehensive study guide aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it.
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Detailed, original introduction for students including: an annotated list of characters, genre, themes, setting;
3. Each chapter is accompanied by an (occasional) brief commentary and by guiding questions (73 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. NOTE: No answers are given: trust the students to find their answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
4. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
5. Definitions of key literary terms;
6. A vocabulary activity and vocabulary test (with answers);
7. Guide to further reading;
8. Two graphic organizers for student notes.