Be sure and click the PREVIEW to see sample pages of some of the goodies in the packet
The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn
, is one of my favorite back to school stories
Inspired by this sweet tale of a little raccoon going off to school, with a kiss from his mom, I designed the “Where’s the Raccoon?”
It’s filled with games, activities, & an emergent reader
, which will help students understand spatial directions: on, off, in, out, behind, between, beside, left, right, above, below, over & under
The packet includes
* 2 “Where’s the Raccoon?”
* 13 - full-color, teacher direction cards featuring a tree. (Use as mini posters or large flashcards.)
* A “shapely apple” teacher’s poster, featuring 2D shapes
* A teacher’s, large color copies, for an apple/tree “Where’s the Raccoon?” whiteboard game
* Matching, smaller copies for students, in color & black and white, so they can play along. (Great for whole group assessing too).
* 13-mini word cards for games, writing & alphabetizing activities
, plus whole group assessing
* “Where’s the Raccoon?” Memory Match or “I Have; Who Has?” game. Make an extra set, cut in half and have students put them together in an independent puzzle center.
* 13 - pocket chart cards
, with matching mini sets.
* Teacher’s large color copy of “Where’s the Raccoon?” emergent reader.
* Matching (4-on-a-page) black & white student copy.
* 1-page matching mini copy, to make Itty Bitty booklets.
* An alphabetical list of 33 simple prepositions your students will come across. (21 are on the Dolch word lists.)
* Matching bookmarks for your students.
* 2 “definition of a preposition” posters.
* Preposition Pokey song.
* Directions, tips & tricks.
This packet matches 3 other raccoon-themed, Kissing Hand
- inspired packets. Buy the Kissing Hand BUNDLE & save!
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you find these spatial direction activities helpful.