Which One Doesn't Belong 3rd Grade Math Journal Prompts - Math Number Talks
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Spiral Review 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade math skills with this multi-grade level bundle of of 290+ Which One Doesn't Belong math writing prompts.We include 3 options: no-prep, task cards, & editable Google Slides** Create an engaging math writing station or use as whole group math warmups / math nuPrice $30.00Original Price $60.00Save $30.00
Are you looking for a fun way to encourage math talk with your 3rd graders? Which One Doesn't Belong prompts are a fun way to get students writing & talking about math! Use as math warm ups, whole group spiral review, or add to your math centers!
Each topic includes 5 prompts, so your students will have plenty of practice.
⭐Click the button to download 15 FREE Prompts!
Set #1: Number & Operations in Base Ten (25 prompts)
- Place Value (review)
- Multiples of Ten
Set #2: Operations & Algebraic Thinking (25 prompts)
- Unknown Numbers in Equations
- Properties of Operations
- Multi-Step Word Problems
Set #3: Measurement & Data (40 prompts)
- Money (Review)
- Telling Time
- Elapsed Time
Set #4: Fractions & Geometry
1. No-prep - 1 full page per prompt with plenty of space for students to show their thinking!
2. Task Cards - create booklets and you have a reusable math station (recording sheet included)
3. Google Slides - EDITABLE paperless math warmups!
Your students will LOVE math prompts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"This resource has been very helpful to review skills that have already been taught. I use the journal prompts as a warm up activity to get students thinking about math skills they have already learned. The Would You Rather format helps to challenge their thinking and encourages them to work through the steps necessary to solve each option. Thanks for sharing this resource!" - Jamie G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"It's so hard for my students to verbalize their thinking. This resource helps them do just that! My class LOVES this resource!! Thank you for creating and sharing. It's easy to implement, engaging, and a fun way to practice math skills!" - Rachel C.
> Is this resource editable?
The text in the Google Slides is editable.
> Do you include an editable printable template?
Only the complete bundle includes an editable printable template.
> Which standards do you cover?
This resource covers 3rd grade math skills. We include a topic list & standards list for CC, TEKs, and FL BEST. Please refer to the math skill list above.
> Do you include an Answer Key?
Yes. We include an example answers pdf.
> Does this bundle include a PowerPoint version.
No, but you can open up the Google Slides and select DOWNLOAD as a PowerPoint. All slides are in file, so this will be a quick task!
Ways to Use:
MORE FUN MATH ACTIVITIES:
Would You Rather Math Prompts:
⭐Join the MTC email list for exclusive freebies: https://mathtechconnections.com/free-resources/
⭐Click HERE to follow my store and never miss a sale!