This sorting activity is differentiated for multiple levels of learners. Each section includes both 4 and 8 piece sorting activities with built in leveled prompting for each (e.g. using color coded prompts to teach emerging sorting skills by matching items within each category). This embedded scaffolding helps to facilitate fading prompt support as students’ increase their skills.
In general, laminating all of the pages, cutting out the sorting pieces, and using Velcro works well for this activity! I recommend using clear Velcro over any pictures. If you prefer, this could also be used as a cut and paste activity!
The levels of differentiation included in this product are:
- Sorting by matching color coded pieces to the color coded squares, 4 or 8 items
- Sorting by matching color coded pieces to color coded frames, 4 or 8 items
- Sorting by matching color coded pieces to color coded headings, 4 or 8 items
- Sorting by using color coded pieces (or pieces without color coding) and black
frames, 4 or 8 items
- Sorting (words or pictures) without any prompts, 4 or 8 items
This item is part of a BUNDLE!
• Which one is it? Sorting Into Categories, A Leveled Activity (BUNDLE!)
You might also like:
⭐ Visual Recipes for Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
⭐ Vocational Task Sequencing - Washing Dishes
⭐ Where does it belong? Sorting Food Items Into Categories
⭐ Which one is it? Sorting Into Categories, A Leveled Activity
⭐ Which one is it? Sorting Into Categories, A Leveled Activity Set 2
Follow Growing Potential on Facebook