This is designed for students to be responsible and check for missed assignments/classwork during absences. This is a great tool and very simple to set up. Included in this file is a PDF (with multiple sizes of each label) and a .docx file (for editing) of the 5 Spanish days-of-the-week file folder labels and the filing box label.
Directions (15 minutes):
1. Print out the days-of-the-week folder labels (PDF and .docx files included)
2. Attach labels to manila file folders
3. Place files folders in filing box (I have seen people use file boxes, milk crates, plastic shoe boxes, and bulletin board decorations)
4. Attach label to filing box (or whichever item you best see fit)
5. When the school year begins, explain your expectations to students that they need to be the ones to check for missing work in the designated are
6. Be sure to stay frequent with placing extra handouts/missing work in the correct folders