Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats is a classic story featuring Peter, who is trying to learn to whistle. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Peter's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Spatial Concepts- Describe where Willie is in given pictures
6. Make a Whistle- Follow directions to make a whistle with a straw and scissors.
Not only will your students LOVE this timeless story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this unit and must be purchased separately.