This packet includes questions for each chapter of "White Water" by P.J. Petersen. These are not simple recall questions, instead they ask students to interpret the text, and to apply their knowledge of literary elements.
These questions can be used for independent student use, or as a class book. I have often used this book as a part of a larger unit on adventure / survival books.
1. Characters' personality, family relationships, choices, feelings, and changes throughout the book. Many of the questions ask students to support their answers with evidence from the text (a central component of Common Core).
2. Cause and Effect (include events from the book, and how characters made decisions).
3. Figurative Language (idioms, similes)
4. Close Reading (What does the author mean?)
5. Skills: Compare / Contrast, written description, illustration, listing
8. Related personal experience
Common Core Standards Addressed: