Ideal extension activity to go along with science curriculum
Great seasonal activity for learning centers
Wildlife included in this package:
- Monarch Butterfly
- Hibernate/Migrate Chart - Complete and ready to print on cardstock and laminate.
- Hibernate/Migrate Chart - Incomplete and ready to print on cardstock and laminate along with photo/image sheet. Ideal for a reusable activity in centers allowing children multiple opportunities to complete the sorting activity.
- Hibernate/Migrate worksheet
- Half sheet containing labeled pictures/images to cut and paste onto worksheet
- Hibernate/Migrate worksheet without word labels
- Half sheet containing separate pictures/images and word labels to cut and paste onto worksheet
Pages listed above come in a full color photo version AND a black lined master version.
Activities have been designed for students in preschool through 2nd grade. The multiple chart and worksheet options make it a versatile resource. Easily adjusted to the varying ability and interest level of students from year to year!
Ideal for use in learning centers. Some extension activities include:
- Put a set of plastic miniature wildlife with the charts so children can match figure to the chart. Great for the youngest students. Figures are inexpensive and can be found in local craft stores and online.
- Use color photo chart and black line master together. Children can view chart and color according to the photos to create the most realistic presentation.
- Provide tracing paper for children to place over the photos and trace in place of the black line master. This requires time and concentration. Excellent for older children. The longer they spend working on it, the more likely it will be committed to memory.