I love the book, Who Is Stealing the 12 Days of Christmas?, by Martha Freeman because it's a GREAT holiday mystery! It's so suspenseful that it will have your kids on the edge of their seats. It's perfect for engaging students during a crazy time of year.
This book activities packet includes:
- 7 pages of Teacher's Notes, Lesson Ideas, and Discussion Questions
Handouts for a Student Packet:
- Cover page
- Story Strip for Visualizing
- Who's Who of Chickadee Court? Organizer
- Vocabulary Word Storming
- Question Recording Sheet
- Story Elements
- Character Recording Sheet
- Character Traits Maps for Alex and Yasmeen (the detectives)
- Be a Simile Detective Chart
- Cause and Effect recording sheet
- Detective's Dictionary (which includes words that are associated with mysteries)
- Clue Tracking Sheet
- Suspect Tracking Sheet
- Opinion Writing Piece Graphic Organizer (way to use the book to incorporate the ELA standards for writing an opinion piece)
Thanks for checking out my book unit!
* This unit would compliment my Mystery Fun unit and/or my Mystery Vocabulary Words Poster Pack. See my TPT store to take a look.