Using Stuffed Puppies and Play-dough Bones is one of my favourite activities to use in therapy because the kids love it and because you can target so many goals!
3 stuffed dogs.
3 colors of Play-dough.
3 bone cookie cutters, different sizes (recommend, but not required)
- 1 step: no concepts.
- 1step: color concepts.
- 1 step: size concepts.
- 1 step: number concepts.
- 1 step: color and number concepts.
- 1 step: number and size concepts.
- 1 step: size, color and number concepts.
- Two step: no concepts.
- Two step: size.
- Two step: color,
- Two step: size, color.
8 Words to Target for the Phonological Processes of:
- Cluster Reduction - Initial
- Cluster Reduction - Final
- Final Consonant Deletion
Word List to Target for Early Word Shapes
Vocabulary list of Nouns, Adjectives, and Verbs.
List of Targets and Activities for Phonological Awareness:
- Syllable Counting
- Identifying Rhyming Words
- Producing Rhyming Words
- Identifying the First and Last Phoneme
- Blending Phonemes
List of Targets and Activities for Grammar:
- Present Progressive -ing
- Plural ’s
- Past Tense -ed (Regular and Irregular)
- Possessive ’s
- Third Person Singular Verbs
- Future Tense
List of Other Activity Ideas for Stuffed Puppies
Therapy Planning Sheet
Visuals for Following Directions