Are you starting up a mystery unit? Perhaps Lucy Calkin's Mystery series? Are you just looking for a fun activity to do with your students that makes students think and excited to read?!
I started our mystery unit with this activity for students to act as DETECTIVES. Never have I seen my kiddos so excited. This activity definitely hooked them into the idea of mysteries and set them up with the enthusiasm needed to have a successful mystery unit ahead!
The discussions students had as a result were incredible. Ever since, they have been glued to their seats with their 'magnifying glasses' ready to read and be deep thinkers!
This purchase includes:
- A PDF document that includes all links necessary to run/plan the activity
- A 24 page Google Slide Presentation to present/run the activity.
- Materials copied to be printed for the crime scene
- A photo of what my crime scene looked like.
- An evidence drawing sheet.
- List of Alibis.
- Mystery Dictionary with definition of Mystery related words
- Sheet for deep thinking questions.
- Evidence markers to put with each piece of evidence.
If having trouble accessing any of the documents- I would be happy to send to you directly :)