A great companion for the nonfiction book Who Was Harriet Tubman? Aligned to the following third grade common core standards:
* RI.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as a base for answers.
* RI 3.2 Determine the main idea of a text, recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
* RI 3.3 Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text using language that pertains to time, sequence and cause/effect.
* RI 3.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic
* RI 3.7 Use information gained from illustrations and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text.
Includes a test for each chapter that address the above listed standards.