This unit provides opportunities for students to explore the goods and services that provide for needs and wants and the responsibilities of producers and consumers. It explores the changes that have occurred and the influences of technology.
OUTCOME AND INDICATORS:
Describes how and why people and technologies interact to meet needs and explains the effects of these interactions on people and the environment.
Investigates rights, responsibilities and decision-making processes in the school and community and demonstrates how participation can contribute to the quality of their school and community life.
• Identifies the components of a system that provides goods and services and how the components need to interlink
• Examines a variety of systems that have been designed to meet needs in communities and identifies the advantages and disadvantages of their use, e.g. sewerage treatment works, postal system, electricity system
• Examines possible consequences if a system changes in some way, e.g. if components are missing or break down, if technology improves
• Explains the changes to a system over time and the advantages and disadvantages of these changes, e.g. shops, market gardens
• Examines the goods and services provided within the community and by community organisations to meet needs
• Makes statements about the social and environmental responsibilities of producers and consumers
• Describes how changes in technology have affected lifestyles and the environment, e.g. media technologies
• Identifies the different technologies involved with monetary exchange.
• Explains the processes involved in civic action within the community
• Investigates current community issues
• Investigates consumer rights and responsibilities.
Lesson 1: Investigating Needs and Wants
Lesson 2: Fulfilling Needs and Wants
Lesson 3: Shopping – Then and Now Part 1
Lesson 4: Shopping Then and Now Part 2
Lesson 5: What Makes a Shop?
Lesson 6: Local Shopping Centre
Lesson 7: Welcome to Our Shop
Lesson 8: Where Does Food Come From?
Lesson 9: Shopping and the Environment
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BUYERS: This is a smart notebook and unit of work bundle. As stated in the file type information, this is a smart notebook file. The unit of work is embedded in the smart notebook. Therefore, to use this product you MUST have the smart notebook program installed on your computer at home or at school. For more information on the Smart Notebook program itself click here
WHAT YOU GET:
NO PREP Bundle - Save hours and hours of programming!
***EDITABLE Unit of Work***
Smart notebook with everything you need!!!
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Beside each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button. On your "My Purchases" page, you will see a list of products you have purchased and a link to provide feedback. Remember, you earn TPT credits to use to purchase other products. These credits are just like cash! So please leave a feedback review, it would be much appreciated :)
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under Mrs W-L.
Copyright © 2017 Mrs W-L. All rights reserved.
This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy.