Students will create a stylized crayon resist painting based by the book, “Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight?” by Carol Roth.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Learn the proper painting techniques used when working with watercolor paint.
• Create an original crayon resist painting inspired by the book, “Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight”.
• Use watercolor paint, pencils, crayons and sharpie markers to create their painting.
• Respond to and analyze to work of their peers and discuss connections to their own work and the work of author Carol Roth.
• Learn the technique resist when working with crayons and watercolor paint.