This collection of activities supplements the story by the same name in the Reading Street series (2008). It is specific to first grade.
I've included the following:
* high frequency word card game
* a combination of 6 roll/read/write activities using long i words, high frequency words, phrases, words containing the wh/ch digraphs
* fill-in-the-blank activity for literacy centers
* amazing words
* long i vowel sound anchor chart / word sort
* ch/wh/tch digraph sorting mats/word sort
* scrabble spelling
* progress monitoring incentive chart
* 20 bingo cards - no two are alike
* special titles anchor chart
* special titles self-checking cards
Updated in 8-2015
I added a rainbow spelling activity, spelling scoot, rebus spelling word activity, long i/short i pocket folder word sort, and a tic-tac-toe game with high frequency words.
All the recording sheets are included.
"Field tested" in many first grade classrooms! Enjoy!