Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you are looking for student engagement, you have come to the right site. This PowerPoint teaches the phonics skills for Who Works Here, 1st grade Reading Street. It also teaches the High-Frequency Words for this story.
This packet also contains the PowerPoints that have all of the components of Who Works Here.
The students will:
1. Look at a picture and segment the word using selected tool.
2. Find long i or digraphs wh, ch, tch, ph pictures in a background. Students will segment the words on selected tool.
3. Read sentences and write the words long i or digraphs wh, ch, tch, ph
4. Read sentences with long i and digraphs wh, ch, tch, ph act out the words.
5. Build words with these sounds (The letters are included in this packet)
6. Look at a clue and spell the HFW.
7. Fill in the missing letter in the HFW.
8. Read sentences using HFW. Students will find the HFW and write them.
9. HFW will appear on the screen for one second. Student will write the word.
Your students can use a variety of tools during this PowerPoint.
Tools students can use:
1. Sand trays or salt trays
2. Shaving cream in a tray
3. Blending boxes in a plastic folder (This sheet is included in the pack)
4. Personal white board
5. Students can write on their desks with dry erase markers
When you look at the preview there will be no animation because it is a PDF. However on the PowerPoint there will be animation. You can also edit the words, but the clipart has been embedded into the slides.
Click below to view the PowerPoint that goes with this story.