Christmas original mystery written for upper primary/ middle school students in time for the Christmas season. Mystery includes all the suspects, clues and answers for a fun classroom lesson.
This thinking challenge is one of the series of mysteries for students to solve either individually or as a group challenge. The clues are based on mathematical codes and ciphers and as each clue is solved it eliminates a number of suspects until there is just one possibility left. Answers are included. In my own teaching practice students are given the booklets to solve at the beginning of the week and I do not debrief with answers until three or four days later. This challenges the students to work on the puzzles at their own rate and to think about possible strategies. It also encourages collaboration. Each mystery includes a range of problem difficulty.
No prep. Just print and go.
You might also be interested in another mystery from my store.
• All aboard the Mayflower.
• Emeline's Valentine
• St Patrick's Day Math. A Leprechaun mystery challenge
• The Jewel Heist Thinking Challenge
• The Missing Broomstick #TPTfireworks
• The Puppy Snatcher Thinking Challenge
• The Vacant Vegetable Plot Thinking Challenge
• Who swiped the sailors' supplies?
• Who took the Thanksgiving Turkey?
• Who Stole Rudolph's Nose?
Feedback & Followers
Did you know that you can receive credittowards future TPT purchases by reviewing this product?
Please leave a review at the product page or through “My purchases” under “My account” at TPT. Ratings help to spread the word.
You can also follow me to keep up with my latest products.
Pinterest: Thinking Challenges
Blog: Elaine’s Blog