Who Took the Cookie? Activity Packet
Who Took the Cookie? Is based on the game, who took the cookies from the cookie jar. I am using the activity in both large group and small group for name recognition and print concepts. You could also use the activity for the following:
• Sight Word recognition
• Letter recognition
• Reading directionality
• Counting words in a sentence
• Counting letters in a word
• Listening and following spoken directions to name a few.
The packet contains the following:
• Cookie Jar Chart with the words to, who took the cookie? Finished size: 17” x 33”
• Editable Individual Cookies for students’ names.
• It is suggested to print all pieces on card stock and laminate for durability. To attach the cookie names to the chart use the Velcro dots.
• The Cookie Jar chart is tiled over (8) pages with a 1/8” overlap. To assemble cut, along image’s black line. When all pieces have been cut out, simply lay the corresponding piece a 1/4” over until print edges match. Finished size: 17” x 33”
• I also have included The Cookie Jar chart as one piece measuring 17” x 33” on page 12 for those of you who would like to take it to a print shop or Sams Club also offers large format printing at a reasonable price.
• The individual cookies for students’ names are (6) to a page and can be printed (2) ways. I created an Adobe Form for the individual cookies where you can type the name of your student directly on the cookie. The form is set up to AUTO so it will shrink large names to fit on the cookie. The second way is to simply print the individual cookie names onto card stock, write individual students’ names, and then laminate for durability.
For more ideas and resources follow my blog at: LaniesLittleLearners.blogspot.com.
If you have any suggestions and/or comments to make this learning packet better, please feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.