Here are Coach B's 7 teaching mistakes from the Whole Brain Teaching book compiled onto a nifty little poster to hang next to your desk so that you don't fall into any of those old, familiar traps that catch so many unsuspecting teachers!
Here they are in abridged expanded form (yes, i know that's an oxymoron: these are longer than the poster, but shorter than the book):
1. Don’t yell at your students! Out-of-control children do not need out-of-control teachers.
2. Confronting challenging students in front of their peers MAKES THEM BRAVER! Talk with them privately.
3. Disorganization = chaos. Don’t ‘shoot from the hip’.
4. Happy teachers = Happy students (rule 5, anyone?)
5. “The less work you do outside of the class, the more work your classes will be.”
6. “Invite students into your world; don’t expect them to already be there.”
7. Challenge yourself, challenge yourself, challenge yourself.