Also included in
- As my Reading resources have become quite popular, I've decided to make a GROWING BUNDLE!With the purchase of this growing bundle, you will have access to all Whole Class Guided Reading added in the future. You will simply just have to go to "My Purchases" and redownload the file.Each time I make a$55.00$77.15Save $22.15
**Buy this as part of a GROWING BUNDLE and have your Reading resources grow with just a one off purchase***
Tried and tested in my class. If interested in how to implement some of these 'Whole Class Guided Reading' strategies- Click Here for more!
This package includes:
- A detailed daily plan allowing you to follow the lessons step-by-step.
- A PowerPoint for reference.
- Daily activities.
- Sentence stems to support good sentence structure.
- The text
- Inference through pictures activity for Day 4.
- Self/peer assessment opportunities.
This week of lessons went fantastically and children progressed daily in their reading skills, as well as in their expression, tone and pace of their reading. The same text is used every day, so the lower ability students get a chance to listen to it being read aloud before they try towards the end of the week.
What's different about teaching a non-fiction text is that you get to teach children about an author has used elements like:
- Bold text
- Time connectives
While also discussing the difference between a fiction/non-fiction text, structurally.
Key Skills taught
See my other reading resources like Whole Class Reading: Little Red Riding Hood for a fiction text.
To see more on how I teach Whole Class Guided Reading, see my IGTV videos or check out my Instagram/Facebook page: Rebecca The Irish Teacher.
Or check out my blog: www.rebeccatheirishteacher.com
Let me know how you get on with this lesson, I'd love to hear from you.