Whole Class Journals are one of my favorite things to do with my students and a sneaky way to practice all of the essential math & writing skills! Each month I staple together the cover, autograph page, and enough of that month's prompt for my class. Students can look at the sample and know what they will add to the journal that month. After the month is over, we add the journal to our class library. Students LOVE seeing the progress they've made over the year. The journals are one of my children's favorite things to "check out" from our reading corner.
This Math Journal is a unique way to incorporate some writing skills into your math block. Although this journal was created with kindergarten in mind, it can be adapted for preschool or 1st grade as needed.
This resource is part of my Interactive Math Center. I strongly recommend purchasing this huge bundle to have your math center set up for the entire year!
Interactive Math Center by Pencils to Pigtails
To view my INTERACTIVE WRITING CENTER on TPT, click here:
Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
You can view a video
about my Interactive Writing Center resource by clicking below. This will give you a better idea of how the Interactive Math Center works:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
In this Whole Class Math Journal resource, you will find:
• Colored & Printer-friendly samples of EVERY journal entry (zero prep for you!)
• Colored Sample of Each Month & Blank Titles for use in different months as needed!
• Author Page - Each student signs their name in the front
• Class Journal Cover
Make sure to check out the thumbnails to understand what you will be getting!
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails