Practice whole place value through the millions, rounding, and critical thinking with this math journal. It covers VA SOLs 4.1a, 4.1b, and 4.1c.
Includes five pages in which students must correct common place value and rounding mistakes
- Journal 1- Equivalent standard and word form of whole numbers through the millions. Order all the final answers from least to greatest.
- Journal 2- Mystery Number Puzzles. Placing the correct digit in each place of a whole number through the millions, showing the answer in standard and word form.
- Journal 3- Comparing (greater than, less than, equal to) whole numbers through the millions in standard and word form.
- Journal 4- Evaluate whether a whole number through the millions has been rounded correctly.
- Journal 5- Critical thinking questions. Students explain their thinking using words and visuals to encapsulate their understanding of whole number place value and rounding.
These journals go beyond basic practice as students evaluate common place value and rounding mistakes. Use in math centers, small groups, or as homework. Great for independent or partner work to facilitate interactive math talk in your classroom. Ready to print! Answer key included! NO PREP!
Save time and money by purchasing this math journal as part of a BUNDLE!
Math Journals for 4th and 5th Grade Mega BUNDLE
After you've covered place value and rounding, check out View from Fourth's whole number computation math journals:
Addition and Subtraction Math Journal
Multiplication Word Problems Math Journal
When you're ready for rational numbers, check out View from Fourth's Decimal and Fractions Math Journals:
Decimal Place Value and Rounding Math Journal
Decimals and Fractions Math Journal
Adding and Subtracting Fractions Math Journal
Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers Math Journal