Welcome to my Third Grade Word Study Pack! If you choose to download this, I hope this helps you in your journey with your third graders and their word study learning. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions regarding the resources and please leave feedback!
Resources in this Word Study Pack:
1. Overview of Program: The overview of this program (30 different units) shows you all the information you need in one easy place. You will see the unit number, the focus skill and standard, the words on both word lists (there are two to help you differentiate), and finally, after every two units, a quick check (below in blue) with five words from each unit to check the mastery of the pattern.
***The units include: review of vowel sounds (short and long vowel patterns), the sounds of ‘y’, different syllable patterns (open, close, double consonants, etc.), contractions (split in two units), compound words, unique vowel sounds (oi, oy, ow, etc.), homophones, plurals (split into two units), comparative endings, silent letters, adding –ing, final k sound, r-influenced vowels (split into two units), prefixes, and suffixes.
2. Other Word Study Skills to be Taught: to include other word study skills (i.e. grammar), broken down by month.
3. Word Detective Homework’s: each with a description of the skill that week for the parents to help the students locate 14 words with that pattern.
4. Tic-Tac-Toe Word List’s #1 and Tic-Tac-Toe Word List’s #2 for each of the 30 units.
5. Word Work List #1 and Word Work List #2: for word study stations for each of the 30 units.
*#1 is an easier list and #2 is a challenge list.*
6. Tic-Tac-Toe Homework Sheets: two of them.
7. Word Work Stations: ABC Order and Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check worksheets