This mini unit was created to supplement instruction for the book Who’ll Pull Santa’s Sleigh Tonight? by Laura Rader. This is an adorable literary book about what Santa does when all of his reindeer are sick on Christmas Eve. This mini unit includes:
• 5 Days of simple, bulleted lesson plans
• Vocabulary cards and instruction
• Reading comprehension instruction and anchor chart for character response to major events
• Grammar instruction and anchor chart for contractions
• Contractions booklet activity
• Character response to major events practice worksheet
• Paragraph writing of alternate ending of the book. Multiple versions of brainstorming graphic organizers are provided. Final draft paper, writing checklist and Santa peek over craft are also provided.