Do your students need more practice with elements, compounds & mixtures? My 8th grade students LOVE this game! It is also a lot of fun watching them work together. :)
Here are the rules for the game:
1) The class will be divided into 2 teams.
2) The teacher will take turns reading each team a question.
3) When the teacher reads a question to your team, all of the students who think they know the answer should stand up (or you may stand up if you want to “bluff” the other team into thinking you know the answer).
4) The opposing team then gets to decide which one of the students on your team will answer the question. If you are standing, YOU may be the one chosen to answer the question. There is no going back – once you’re up, you’re up!
5) If the chosen student can answer the question, your group will get as many points as the number of students who stood up.
6) HOWEVER, if the student cannot answer the question or gets it wrong, the other group gets to answer (any student in the group may answer) & they will get as many points as the number of students who stood up on your team.
Your download will include:
-60 (that's right! 6-0) Q & A cards for the teacher to use
Other Elements, Compounds & Mixtures products you may be interested in:
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Card Sort
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Color-by-Number
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Concentration Game
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Slap Game
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Task Cards
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures Vocabulary