Images have a power to sway our thinking. It’s important that we understand how visual language can be used to manipulate us. In this unit students will examine the difference between documentation and persuasion in art.
This unit includes:
- Studio and Electronic Assessment Portfolio components
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main supporting video for this unit, Who's Lying? Social Realism, Socialist Realism and Propaganda
, before purchasing.