PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Clearly bullying has captured the nation’s attention. In this professional article by Dr. Melinda Bossenmeyer she covers the following topics:
1. Bullying Statistics
2. How Bullying Differs From Fighting
3. Legal Definition of Bullying
4. How Boys Bully Differently From Girls
5. Anti-Bullying Programs that Don't Work
6. What Works in School Wide Bullying Prevention Programs
Research indicates that 30% of middle school students report being involved in bullying within the last semester. Victims make up 17% and perpetrators make up 19%. Forty-eight percent of elementary school students report being bullied within the last year.
This article covers how schools should go about systemic changes in the school environment, in the form of school climate initiatives, in order to reduce bullying incidents in schools.