Also included in
- These Decision Making Activities combine for a powerful lesson about how our choices impact others and our future. The lesson begins by asking students to consider their goals for the near and distant future, plotting them on a timeline. Next students watch a movie to investigate a series of real li$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- Skills Based Health Education for Middle School includes more than 12 days of skills-based instructional materials. Every lesson includes detailed lesson notes, teacher materials, student materials, additional links, and options for in-person & remote instruction. Lessons are standards-based a$31.05$34.50Save $3.45
Why Decision Making Is Important is a powerful lesson about the power of our choices. Students use a movie to investigate a series of real-life events that took place between 2008-2018 in upstate NY to determine what caused the tragedy and who should be held responsible. Throughout the lesson, students will learn about gun safety, alcohol and marijuana use, driving while intoxicated, and social host liability. They will reflect on personal responsibility, consider the impact of personal choices on others and our futures, and how communities can work to prevent senseless tragedies such as those detailed in the movie.
This lesson includes:
- Detailed lesson plan with over 20 links to additional information
- MP4 Movie File of the Power of Choice: Investigation Series
- PDF Handout and Interactive Google Slides Handout
- 2+ days of instruction
Why Decision Making is Important focuses on National Health Education Standards #1, 2 & 5 as well as Responsible Decision Making from the CASEL 5.