Teach strong reading skills like theme, vocabulary analysis, context clues, and text structure by buzzing through this reading unit for Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears!
The unit contains:
* Higher level Bloom's taxonomy Common Core based questions for every chapter as well as space for students to record answers. Questions cover topics such as character traits, character analysis, text analysis, supporting answers with text evidence, theme, text structure, and folktale as a genre.
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions
* Vocabulary worksheets where students can record the definition, identify synonyms and antonyms, and illustrate the word in order to retain meanings.
* Vocabulary review worksheets including fill-in sentences and a vocabulary crossword puzzle. Excellent for use as a homework packet or vocabulary center activities.
* Vocabulary quiz
* Persuasive writing activity where readers take on the perspective of the mosquito and try to persuade their audience that it was not their fault that the owlet died. Contains lesson plans, a persuasive phrase poster/interactive notebook page, brainstorming page, and final draft paper.
This story is a wonderful choice to read to students as a guided reading unit for the class, a small group guided reading book, or as a read-aloud book.
If you like this product, please check out my other reading units and follow my store for news and freebies!