Also included in
- Now optimized for distance learning, use Google Classroom and TPT Digital Activities to get your first days of Spanish class started. This bundle is applicable for any level of Spanish and includes:- Spanish Class Syllabus: An editable infographic syllabus in both Power Point and Google Drive versio$6.50$7.25Save $0.75
- This mega bundle includes distance learning resources for Spanish I units on cognates, the alphabet, introductions and greetings, and Spanish-speaking countries and nationalities. It also includes resources to help you start the year, including student and parent surveys, an infographic syllabus, an$31.25$34.75Save $3.50
This lesson, intended to use as a distance learning alternative or a sub plan, is designed to teach students why learning Spanish has real world importance, relevance, and benefits. Students watch videos and read articles outlining many different reasons to learn the Spanish language, pick their favorite reasons, then develop their own personal language learning goal. It’s intended for use at the beginning of the school year, but could be implemented any time you feel your students need to take a step back and remind themselves why learning Spanish is so critical.
Students work their way through the editable Google Slides presentation to accomplish the following learning objectives:
• I can identify many different reasons for studying a language
• I can list the reasons for studying Spanish that are most important to me
• I can identify my number one Spanish learning goal
The unit includes the following:
• Teacher tips and timeline for presenting the lesson
• An editable Google Slides presentation for students to work through
• Links to two videos and four articles for students to work with
• A place for students to write their number one reason for learning a language
• A place for students to develop their own person language learning goal
• A self-reflection form where students rate their learning on each objective
Please note: This material is available via a link to an editable Google Slides presentation. No Power Point or PDF version of the material is available with this purchase. You must make a copy of the Google Slides file to access it via the link provided in the product.
Check out my original Why Study Spanish Lesson Plan here for a more student-led, collaborative version of this lesson to use in the conventional classroom.