This webquest will allow students to explore various online resources (videos, articles and infographics) to learn about the benefits of learning a second language such as Spanish. Students will be guided through these resources and will be required to answer a variety of comprehension questions based on each one.
Because this webquest is intended for the new Spanish learner, all resources and questions are in English.
Included in this product are two versions of the webquest:
1. An interactive (and fully EDITABLE) Google Slides webquest that you can post as an assignment to Google Classroom. On their personalized copy, students will answer all comprehension questions before turning the assignment back into you. (For this format, you and your students must have access to Google Classroom / Google Drive and devices).
2. A print-and-go webquest with QR codes that allows students to use their phones to scan the codes and access the online resources. This works great as a ready-made sub plan! (For this format, your students must have access to devices that can scan QR codes, such as a smartphone or tablet).
- Article: Reasons to learn a second language
- Video: Benefits of a bilingual brain
- Infographic: More benefits of a bilingual brain
- Infographic: World's top 10 spoken languages
- Video: The new American reality
- Video: Fun facts about the Spanish language
- Article: Future of Spanish in the United States
BUNDLE & SAVE: This item can also be purchased in the following bundle:
Spanish 1 Starter Bundle
*** Please leave a review!
As you leave product reviews, you earn TPT credits to use toward future purchases. To find out more, go to your account and select "TPT credit balance."
You may also like:
50 Writing Prompts for Spanish 1 / Escritura rápida (Google Drive)
Word Reference for Beginners in Spanish / Sub Plan
La familia / Family Webquest (Google Drive & Printable)
La casa / House Webquest (Google Drive & Printable)