Why Time Speeds Up As We Age - Psychology Science Worksheet Printable or Google
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
“Time flies when you’re having fun”, or so the saying goes. There must be more fun to be had as we age because as we age, the speeding up of time seems to be a commonly observed phenomenon. Moments, hours, and days often seem longer and more drawn out to children, while the same seem to be fleeting for their parents and other adults. Can science explain the reasoning behind this curiosity, or is it a figment of our imaginations?
In a YouTube video (7:40 in length), examines this phenomenon, along with numerous theories that might explain its existence. Challenge your students to not only examine their own journey through time but to clock the surprisingly variable speed of time itself.
Suggested Teaching Methods:
1. Pair students to watch and answer questions together.
2. Watch the video as a class, then assign questions as a follow-up activity.
3. Assign each student a question(s) to answer and share.
4. Use as a lesson plan for a substitute teacher.
5. Utilize as an extra credit or homework activity for a related topic lesson.
1. Students will examine the scientific theories behind time perception.
2. Students will determine the relationships between time perception and age.
3. Students will observe the impact of different factors on time perception.
This lesson bundle includes a cover page, link to the Veritasium YouTube video, student response questions, answer key, and an extension activity.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Video link is embedded into the guide for quick access
- Answer key provided
⏳ Teaching Time
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)