Also included in
- Agriculture and Environmental science worksheets and other middle school science activities.Want this bundle in Google Format?❤️Follow My StoreClick on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.How does farming affect the environment? What is agriculture sustainability? ThePrice $195.00Original Price $253.00Save $58.00
- National Agriculture Day is coming up! These agriculture lesson plans are for any Agriculture Science teacher or other teachers looking to have some easy and diverse activities!The agriculture lessons include all sorts of activities from reading, video, projects, and research!❤️Follow My StoreClick oPrice $50.00Original Price $66.00Save $16.00
- These resources will help you teach students about this sustainable method of farming that might be the future of farming!"Vertical farming is the practice of growing crops in vertically stacked layers. It often incorporates controlled-environment agriculture, which aims to optimize plant growth, anPrice $8.40Original Price $12.00Save $3.60
Introduce students to vertical farming, the new major trend of high-tech farms popping up in cities. Help them consider population growth, depleting farmland, climate change, and finally discuss whether the future of farming is to bring them into our cities. High tech vertical farms use aeroponics or hydroponics. Examples include an underground farm in London and a Japanese office building with a rice paddy field. Vertical farming isn't just in the US, it's growing in popularity around the globe with people and companies investing in creating new ways and technology to provide a more sustainable future. Here are some companies and people making an investment in new-age farming ideas Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Leonardo DiCaprio, and even the former McDonalds CEO Don Thompson.
Is vertical farming pushing the technology of farming and agriculture forward or should we keep our feet on the ground? Highlighted in the video include AeroFarms, Growing Underground, Square Roots, the Open Agriculture Initiative, Persona Group, Farm One, Bowery, Plenty, Impossible Foods, and Beyond Meat.
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Google Slides for Google Classroom
- Digital-PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Video is hyperlinked directly into the guide for easy access
- Short answer and reflective questions
- Answer key included
⏳ Teaching Time
- Around 1 hour with class discussion
- Video is 11 minutes long
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)