“Wild About Animals” is a short research project you can use with your students to research animals. Students can learn more about an animal’s characteristics, habitat, diet, adaptations and its young. At the same time, your students can develop their skills in paraphrasing, citing sources, taking notes and informative writing.
I created this short research project to be completed using online resources, but if you have access to print sources those could be incorporated too.
Included in this product:
• a detailed 5-page lesson outline (preview)
• Research Websites – a list of safe sites for students to use for their sources of information
• Research Pockets (PDF and editable Word versions)
• Portfolio Cover
• Writing Paper
• Works Cited Paper
• Informative writing prompt
• Scoring guide
• Research Check List to monitor students’ progress through the project
• a Family Letter to send home explaining the project (PDF and editable Word versions)
• a mini-lesson about paraphrasing
My students completed this research project in 10 days, allowing for 45-minutes per day. Suggestions for modifying both the length and difficulty level of the lesson are included in the “Extra Suggestions” section at the end of the lesson outline.
You will receive a .zip file containing everything – please ensure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
Interested in more Internet investigations? Check out the following:
• Inventors and Inventions
• Jackie Robinson
Thank you for visiting my store. If you download this product, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator