Over 175 pages of Jungle-themed Literacy Center/ Work Station Activities for Kindergarten!! There are activities to use throughout the entire school year!
Topics include color words, sorting by beginning sounds, matching uppercase letters and lowercase letters, handwriting, reading cvc words, writing cvc words, opposites, and sight words.
1. Help Hippo Build Color Words: Students practice letter matching skills and color/color word recognition as they complete this activity. They choose a mat and build the color word. There are two different color tile pieces provided (one in color to match the color word and one in black text). Magnetic letters would also be a great addition to this activity. There is a recording sheet provided.
2. Listening Ears with Elephant: In this activity, students practice listening for beginning sounds and sorting pictures by beginning sound. There are 8 different sorting mats with 12 picture cards for each. Each mat and its cards have the same background to help keep this activity organized. Each sorting mat focuses on 3 sounds.
3. Jungle Letter Match: Students match uppercase and lowercase letters, along with a picture that represents the sound for the letter. There is a recording sheet provided, as well.
4. ABCs Are Fun For Me!: Students will practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters. These pages can be laminated or placed in plastic sheet protectors. Students then write using dry erase markers. These pages can also be printed on regular copy paper for assessment or other practice.
5. Rainbow Rhyming with Rhino: Students play a matching and/or memory game with rhyming words and pictures. A recording sheet is included.
6. Opposite Match: Students play a matching and/or memory game with opposite words and pictures. A recording sheet is included.
7. Reading in the Jungle: Students read cvc words and match the words with pictures in a game-based activity. A recording sheet is available, if you choose to use it.
8. Let's Write Words: Students use dry erase markers or magnetic letters to write/build cvc words. These can be printed and laminated or placed in sheet protectors so that students can write with a dry erase marker. Students can also use magnetic letters or letter tiles to build the words. There is a recording sheet included also.
9. Jungle Games: This set includes 10 game boards and game cards to change out based on the needs of your students at any given time. Game cards are included for letters, sounds, cvc words, Pre-Primer sight words, and Primer sight words.
10. Jungle Alphabet Bingo: Students practice naming lowercase letters by playing bingo. There are three different bingo games. One game focuses on the letters a-i. The next game focuses on j-r. The last game focuses on the letters r-z.
11: Safari Sight Word Bingo: Students play a sight word bingo game focusing on the first 25 Fry Words.
I hope you find this set useful for your classroom!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Graphics from KPM Doodles, Microsoft Office Online, ClipArt.com, Digi Web Studio
and Scrappin Doodles