*Be sure and download the FREE "Wild about Turkeys" PowerPoint that accompanies this lesson.
If you are looking for a non-traditional way to celebrate the season, than this is a great resource. It includes:
• background information about wild turkeys
• two different ways to make a turkey/bird caller
• art activity about a tom turkeys tail feathers
• feather observation activity
• bird beak activity, including a modification for younger students
• a word find
• vocabulary matchup assessment
• PLUS…the script for the PowerPoint.