Let's play wild! Your Own Backyard presents "Wild Animal Friends Cottontail Match-up Cards".
While developing both vocabulary and memory, this "concentration-style" card game introduces kids, grades 2-5, to the scientific names of some of our wild North American animal friends. In this set, each animal image has matching English/Latin and Latin-only name cards.
Eastern Cottontail Rabbit has many predators. Beyond the match-up game, these cards can be used as a jumping off point for teaching about how animals survive in the wild.
Who is predator? Who is prey? Who is herbivore, carnivore or omnivore? What physical features do they have to help them survive? As you use these cards, you can present questions such as these to inspire inquisitive thought and lively discussion.
This package includes,
* 8 hand-crafted animal image cards: Eastern Cottontail Rabbit, Bobcat, Eastern Coyote, Domestic Dog, Red Fox, Red-tailed Hawk, Human, and Great Horned Owl
* 8 English/Latin species name cards to be matched with the 8 images for grades 2-5
* 8 Latin-only species name cards to be matched with the 8 images for grades 3-5
* 1 predators / 1 prey heading cards
* 1 page of wallpaper for the flip side of the cards
Links to free on-line products:
* animated story, "Tale of the Eastern Cottontail"
* hangman-style vocabulary game, "Crafty Fox"
Go to the Link-Wild Animal Friends Eastern Cottontail Rabbit
for the companion multimedia lesson.
Cheers, to the bounding enthusiasm of wild nature!