Weather can be beautiful, unpredictable and even scary-- and it can also be a super engaging topic for your students!
This mini-unit includes everything you need for your class to research, discuss and write about different types of extreme weather. Just print and go!
Your students will practice a variety of skills as they discover what is wild about weather. They can practice using grammatically correct sentences through accountable talk about weather. Students will use close reading skills to learn about 9 different types of extreme weather, and they can apply what they've learned to cause-and-effect writing.
Here's what's inside:
- A Cause and Effect Mini Poster
- Discussion Questions to Determine Weather's Effects
- Learning Conversation Starters Sheet
- Nine Non-Fiction Weather Descriptions-- each with a picture!
- hot weather
- heavy rain
- heavy winds
- Two Cause and Effect Writing Books-- one with blank space for students to write, and one with writing lines provided
- Blank cause and effect pages for students to choose their own weather to research