Let the animals of Bert the bat, Felix the firefly, Federico the frog and Sandy the snail help children master writing all the letters of the alphabet in the cursive (joined - up) style.
There are 6 sections:
1. Pre-course handwriting trial, giving you a chance to measure a child's true handwriting levels.
2. The snail worksheets introduce the letters of z,x,v,w,y and k. These letters require an ability to draw short and long vertical lines.
3. The firefly worksheets introduce the letters c,a,d,g,q,o,e,s and f. These letters require an ability to draw closed and half open circles, short and long hooks.
4. The frog worksheets introduce the letters r,n,m,h,b and p. These letters require an ability to draw u-turn shapes.
5. The bat worksheets introduce the letters l,i,u,t,y and j. These letters require an ability to draw vertical lines and dots.
6. Repeat handwriting trail.
Sections with the animals (2 to 5) have a handwriting activity which includes a campfire challenge and taking on the role of a wildlife park warden. As the children progress through this handwriting course they will need to write a social media profile for their new 'job' as a park warden, write warning messages to save the animals, write how to be more eco-friendly and to plan a party in the park.
To complete every letter worksheet there is a combination of handwriting patterns, tracing and writing letters, completing a letter maze and a letter puzzle. This will help develop pencil control, letter writing and visual perceptual skills needed to write.
The second sheet linked to the individual letter asks a child to write 6 words and 6 adjectives using that specific letter. Next, they are asked to write 2 sentences using the new words and adjectives that they have just copied.
This has been created by myself using occupational therapy principles for developing handwriting skills. Every effort has been made to use American English.
Please note that the font used DOES NOT show cursive upper case letters, as this is not the style adopted in the UK.