This class game will give your students practice with challenging, multi-step problem-solving scenarios involving Greatest Common Factor (GCF), Least Common Multiple (LCM), prime factorization, and number riddles.
There is a "How to Play" presentation (.swf) included in your download that will show you exactly how the game is played, and you can also use this file to introduce the game to your class! You can preview it now by clicking here!
(Keep in mind, this is a large flash file so you will need to give it a second to load...and, you won't be able to access it from your iPad! Dang!)
* Conversation candy heart theme
* Team-based practice with multi-step problem-solving focused on factorization skills
* Bonus round (a la final jeaopardy!) so that any team can end up winning even if they are in last place when the bonus round begins (This is great for morale!)
* Flash presentation to introduce game play and rules to your students
* All candy hearts used in the file (.png) are included as a bonus, since this is the holiday of L-O-V-E (and these were my first Photoshop creations, and I'd be happy if someone else wanted to use them!)
Note that the game itself is in Powerpoint (download the preview for a peek at it!) I have embedded a Drag-and-Drop macro (optional) so you can X out the candy hyperlinks that you have already used. In order for this function to work, you will have to "enable macros." If you don't want to hassle with macro-enabling, you can just keep track of questions answered the old-fashioned way! (Both a macro and non-macro version of this lesson are included in your download!)
As always, feedback is very much appreciated! (Especially on newly hatched files!)
Thank you & enjoy the game!