Introduce students to the music of William Grant Still!
Composer Fact Sheet
- From the composer's birthplace to the instruments they've studied, this one page reference sheet will make a great handout for your students.
- Add in some geographical research to discover more about where the composer was born! This page includes space for writing the capital, language, and even a popular food.
- There are no wrong answers! Students can note how they feel and what they imagine while listening to a selected piece of music. Choose from the musical instruments, nature scenes, colors, and more.
Weather & Feelings
- Weather is a recurring theme in classical music. Does a musical piece remind the listener of a snowy day or a cheerful sunny afternoon? Students can select the weather symbols that come to mind. Is the music happy or sad? A set of emotional characters allows your group to pick the feelings that best relate to a piece of music.
Printable Listening Sheet Sets Include:
01. Poem for Orchestra
02. Symphony No. 1 "Afro-American"
03. Symphony No. 2 "Song of a New Race"
04. Symphony No. 3 "The Sunday Symphony"
05. Danzaz de Panama
06. Suite for Violin and Piano
++ Note: While not the original composer, William Grant Still also has an arrangement of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" that might be of interest.
Play one to two pieces per day for a week long study, or incorporate these activities into a composer of the month plan.
Earn Free Products!
Posting a rating & feedback allows you to earn credits towards future TPT purchases!
Browse all Classical Composers
FREE Classical Composer Sample Pack
Johann Sebastian Bach
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
John Philip Sousa
Follow + Feedback
If you would like to stay updated on new items and freebies, please stay connected by following this store! Please contact me if you're looking for something specific and I will do my best to help. Thank you for visiting!