Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Movie Guide | Questions (G - 1971)
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a custom Roald Dahl bundle which includes movies inspired by the famous children's novelist. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 8 movie guides or more : )Check the preview files for each individual movie guide for high resolution sample questions toPrice $24.49Original Price $34.93Save $10.44
- G-Rated Movie Guide Bundle #2 | Worksheet | Questions | Google Classroom | SAVE OVER 35%Check each individual movie guide posting for sample questions and details : )★You're In Good Hands★Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted morePrice $32.00Original Price $49.40Save $17.40
- This Classics for Kids movie guide bundle is great to have in your emergency fun toolkit for ELA substitutes or supplemental material for your class.Check the preview files for each individual product to see high resolution sample questions and decide if these guides are suitable for your students.★Price $26.19Original Price $40.40Save $14.21
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (G - 1971) challenges students to learn from this classic adaptation from Roald Dahl's novel. Ask students to learn from the mistakes the children make as they tour the Chocolate Factory. Analyze Willy Wonka's song, Pure Imagination and some of Wonka's mysterious quotes. Explore the reason's behind Wonka's decision to share his legacy with Charlie and the decision Charlie could've made but didn't.
Note: This movie is based on the famous 1964 novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 12 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit to see over 4,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer friendly version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Get with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my