PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Engage your students with this fun and comprehensive Wind Energy Research Report resource. It helps make report writing easy! It contains wind energy vocabulary, worksheets, questions, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Wind Energy Research Report.
This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but also answer some higher-level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. You can use this report resource in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs.
Each question has one page dedicated to it, so each student can answer as much or as little as is prudent for them. There is extra blank paper at the end of the questions for questions that need additional room to answer. This package contains the following ecology report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name
2. What is wind and how is it formed?
3. What is wind energy?
4. Conservation Related Vocabulary- students define the word and illustrate it.
5. What are the different kinds of wind?
6. Why do different places on Earth, such as forests, deserts, and prairies, soak up heat differently?
7. How can wind generate energy?
8. How do people decide where to build a wind turbine?
9. Wind turbine part labeling
10. What would happen if we were 100% dependent on wind energy and the wind stopped?
11. Long ago, how did people use wind to travel?
12. Do you think hurricanes or tornadoes are more destructive and why?
13. What are the benefits and disadvantages of wind generated energy as compared to traditional sources?
14. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
15. How to research your report- Finding your information.
16. Note taking bullet form template
17. Note taking lined form template
18. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
19. Student Checklist for editing and revising
20. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2018 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.